A classic just in time for the Derby. You can adjust the sugar measurements to your taste preference. We like to use brown sugar cubes when we find them.
- 5 oz Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey
- Seltzer water
- 20 mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish
- 3 teaspoons superfine sugar
- Crushed ice
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Place the mint leaves in the bottom of an old-fashioned glass and top with the sugar.
- Muddle these together until the leaves begin to break down.
- Add a splash of seltzer water, fill the glass 3/4 full with crushed ice, and add the bourbon.
- Top with another splash of seltzer, stir and garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Serve immediately.