This week's rum cocktail is fittingly titled: Chaotic Neutral. While the recipe may seem a bit chaotic, we assure you the smooth, blended taste is worth it. Mixing Key West Rum, raspberry brandy, and Contratto Bitter, it's a rum-forward drink and the perfect nightcap if you need some neutrality after a hectic day. If you want to add a little more chaos, add in a dash of red pepper juice for a hectic spin on a daiquiri.
- 1 1/2 oz. Key West Rum
- 1/2 tsp. raspberry brandy
- 3/4 oz. lime juice
- 1/2 oz. Contratto Bitter liqueur
- 1/2 oz. red pepper juice
- 1/2 oz. cane syrup
- Smoked salt, to garnish
- A lime wheel, to garnish
- Rim a double rocks glass with smoked salt and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into the glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
Courtesy of: Punch