The Smoky Basil Oaxacan MezcalMezcal
The Smoky Basil Oaxacan Mezcal cocktail is what we call the grown-up version of a classic margarita. Refreshing, smoky, and aromatic, this drink is reminiscent of a backyard bonfire in the summer. It is packed with flavor from bacon salt and smoked mezcal, balanced with the freshness of basil, lime, and agave syrup. This mixture will have your taste buds on the ultimate adventure!
- 3 lime wedges
- 5 basil leaves
- 2 oz. Mezcal
- 1.5 oz. lime juice
- 1.5 oz. agave syrup
- Bacon salt for the rim of the glass
- Add lime wedges and basil to the shaker. Muddle.
- Add mezcal, lime juice, agave, and ice. Shake well.
- Wet the rim of an old fashioned glass with a lime wedge and roll the rim in the bacon salt.
- Add ice to the glass, then pour in the cocktail. Garnish with a lime wedge and basil leaves. Note: You can replace the bacon salt with another spicy or savory salt.