Some might find scotch inaccessible due to its acquired, peaty taste. We offer you the Rusty Compass as an introduction (or reintroduction) to bourbon’s cousin in hopes of extending your palate. It’s similar to an Old Fashioned, albeit a bit smokier, and the cherry liqueur rounds it out for a nice finish. And if you don’t like it, don’t give up; taste buds are supposed to evolve every seven years or something, right?
- 1 1/2 ounces Compass Box The Peat Monster scotch
- 3/4 ounce Drambuie
- 1/2 ounce Heering cherry liqueur
- Garnish: orange peel
- Add the scotch, Drambuie, and Heering into a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel.