The Peach Me is a twist on the classic old fashioned — a twist that many might find to be impossibly tasty. Woodford Reserve bourbon married with peach schnapps, at first glance, seems like a union destined for disaster. But in fact they’re a power couple. The sweetness of the schnapps milds the smokiness of the bourbon, like a jaded cynic who finally found their one true love. We’re not saying the old fashioned needs fixing — we’re just saying it might be time to try something new.
- Luxardo maraschino cherry
- 1 orange slice
- 3 dashes Angostura orange bitters
- 2 1/2 ounces Woodford Reserve bourbon
- 1/2 ounce peach schnapps
- Garnish: orange slice
- Muddle the cherry, orange slice and bitters in a mixing glass.
- Add the bourbon, schnapps, and ice. Stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with an orange slice.