Nothing jump starts our creative muscle quite like a whiskey drink that thinks outside the box. Nellie Kuh brings together a concoction of unlikely flavors to create a fresh perspective; Woodford Reserve Rye whiskey contributes rich notes of clove, molasses and honey without overwhelming the more subtle flavors from crystallized ginger sugar, orange flower water and lime. Fresh but strong, it's a slow sipper that will help you crank out those new creative projects you've been putting on hold.
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 1/2 oz. Woodford Reserve Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 oz. ginger syrup
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. orange flower water
- Lime wedge (for glass rim)
- Combine ginger and sugar on a small plate, and rub the two together to create a sandy texture.
- Wet the rim of a coupe glass with a lime wedge, and dip the rim into the ginger-sugar mixture to coat.
- Combine whiskey, lime juice, ginger syrup and orange blossom water in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Strain into the prepared coupe glass and enjoy.