This week's mezcal cocktail packs a sting and puts a smoky twist on an original gin drink. The Killer Bee is just three ingredients: Montelobos mezcal, honey, and lemon. This cocktail is based on the popular drink Bee's Knees, but replaces the gin with a smokier and harder-hitting mezcal spirit. Lemon and honey mix with the mezcal for a zesty, easy-to-prep drink. As the winter begins to thaw, get your creative juices flowing with this inventive cocktail.
- 2 oz. Montelobos mezcal
- 3/4 oz. honey syrup (equal parts honey and water)
- 1 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the mezcal, lemon juice, and 3/4 oz. honey syrup.
- Fill the shaker 3/4 full with ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds if serving on the rocks, or 15 seconds if serving “up.”
- Strain into an ice-filled double old-fashioned glass or bucket glass, or serve up with no ice.
Courtesy of: Epicurious