The Dorchester is a cocktail known for its smooth and sophisticated profile. Grapefruit provides a bright flavor that blends well with the botanical backbone of this gin-based drink. Maraschino liqueur adds a complex sweetness to the drink, rounding out the profile of this aromatic, classic cocktail. This cocktail is lovely anytime of year, but it’s best enjoyed in winter when grapefruit is in season.
- 1 1/2 oz Beefeater gin
- 1/2 oz Luxardo maraschino liqueur
- 3/4 oz lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 oz grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.