Though seasoned bartenders may disagree, there's no cocktail recipe rulebook. Sage Brown Derby thwarts the rules with a delicious yet unlikely combination: whiskey and grapefruit. Woodford Reserve Rye Whiskey, grapefruit juice and agave blend to create a slow-sipping drink that's ideal for a cozy evening at home.
- 2 oz. Woodford Reserve Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz. fresh red or pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 oz. agave syrup (nectar)
- 2 dashes bitters
- 1 fresh sage leaf
- Combine whiskey, grapefruit juice, lime juice, agave and bitters in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake for about 30 seconds; strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a sage leaf.