Barb Byrum has been hard at work changing up old-fashioned policies and procedures in politics, so this week we're mixing up an Old Fashioned with a sweet spin. The Brandy Old Fashioned hardly resembles the traditional cocktail; Bulleit Bourbon and Crown Royal Maple Finished Whiskey come together with sweet potato simple syrup for a unique, sweet drink balanced by bitters and citrus. If you're a fan of pumpkin pie, you'll love this cocktail. Think of it as an opportunity to change up your "Old Fashioned" ways.
- 1 1/2 oz. Bulleit Bourbon
- 1/2 oz. Crown Royal Maple Finished Whisky
- 1/3 oz. sweet potato simple syrup
- 2 to 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 to 3 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- Orange slices and maraschino cherries, to garnish
- Add bourbon, whisky, simple syrup and bitters to a glass.
- Add a large ice cube.
- Stir until chilled and bitters are fully dissolved into the bourbon.
- Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry.