This Strawberry Basil Lemonade cocktail is a simple version of a summer classic elevated by gin and basil. Muddled strawberries and basil help bring out the herby, botanical flavor of the gin while lemonade balances the drink with a tart citrus flavor. This fruity, refreshing cocktail is an easy decision when you’re looking for an uncomplicated cocktail that still has some flair.
- 2 oz. lemonade, chilled
- 1 oz. gin
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 large strawberry
- Club soda, chilled, to top
- Garnish: basil leaf and strawberry slice
- In a 12 oz. glass, gently muddle the basil leaves and strawberry.
- Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
- Add the gin and lemonade into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass and top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a basil leaf and strawberry slice.