This week’s cocktail squeezes some heat out of the last bit of summer. The Michelada combines the flavor of a light beer with ingredients usually found in a Bloody Mary. The beer helps tamper the heat of the cayenne pepper and hot sauce, and lime juice rounds out the savory spice of this drink. The Michelada isn’t for everyone, but we’ve found it’s best enjoyed on a late summer evening.
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/2 oz lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 bottle Mexican lager beer, chilled
- Garnish: lime wedge
- Add equal parts salt and cayenne pepper to a plate or shallow bowl. Rub the lime wedge along half the rim of the pint glass and then dip the rim into the salt-cayenne mixture.
- Add the lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, black pepper and celery salt into the glass.
- Fill the glass with beer.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.