Going through some big changes? (Or maybe just a long week?) Take a minute to slow down, reflect, and pour yourself a glass of The Third Man. This bourbon drink is the perfect palette cleanser; it sips sweet at first, then is rounded out by the bitterness of grapefruit and Campari. With the bite from the bourbon topping off the citrus flavor, this drink will become a staple in your bartending repertoire. Grab your favorite bourbon (we used George Dickel) and mix in a splash of grapefruit juice, lemon juice, Campari, and simple syrup for a complex symphony of flavor.
- 1 1/2 oz. George Dickel bourbon
- 1 oz. grapefruit juice
- 3/4 oz. lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. Campari
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- A grapefruit twist, to garnish
- Shake all ingredients with ice until chilled.
- Strain over ice in a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a grapefruit twist.
Source: Garden & Gun