We're going back to basics with a simple gin drink that is the perfect refreshment for any episode: the Pear Collins. Classic and confident, this cocktail blends pear nectar, Plymouth Gin, honey, lemon, and club soda for an easy, bubbly refreshing drink. The cocktail is not too sweet and not too citrusy, making it just right for the Goldilocks of the world. After a long hard day of breaking through barriers and taking your seat at the table, the Pear Collins is an ideal sidekick.
- Plymouth Gin
- 2 ripe pears
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 4 tbsp. water
- Fresh thyme, to garnish
- Peel and chop the pears.
- Place the chopped pear, lemon juice, honey, and water over heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The pear should become soft.
- Blend in a food processor until consistency resembles applesauce.
- Strain out the pulp to use the liquid.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine two shots of the pear juice with one shot of gin. Shake for about 30 seconds.
- Strain over an ice-filled rocks glass and garnish with fresh thyme.