Shake up your normal margarita recipe with some Mezcal and Tajin. The Mezcalita is the perfect intro to mezcal if you've never tried it before; the smokiness of Del Maguey Vida Mezcal combines with the citrus flavors of the lime and orange for a drink far superior than your typical margarita. Rim your glass with lime and Tajin and impress your friends with this fun twist on a classic drink.
- 1 1/2 oz. Del Maguey Vida Mezcal
- 2 tsp. Cointreau
- 2 oz. fresh orange juice
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3 dashes of orange bitters
- Tajín seasoning
- Lime wedges, for lining the rim and to garnish
- Pour some Tajín on a small, rimmed plate, run a wedge of lime around the top of each glass, and dip the top of the glass and roll it from side to side to catch the salt. Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the mezcal, Cointreau, orange juice, lime juice, and orange bitters.
- Shake well, for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into your glass and garnish.