Looking for the perfect drink to give you some liquid courage? Look no further than the Man of War. This smooth whiskey drink uses Cointreau and fresh squeezed lemon juice to give it a rich citrus undertone. The drink is sweet but not overly so, and is perfectly garnished with some flavorful bourbon cherries.
- 4 oz. Woodford Reserve Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. Antica Formula sweet vermouth
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- Brandied cherries or lemon peel, to garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker 1/3 full with ice, then add the Woodford Reserve, Cointreau, sweet vermouth, and lemon juice.
- Shake until chilled.
- Strain into glasses, and spear a few brandied cherries to garnish each glass.
- Add a few cubes of ice, if that's your thing.