It’s tax season, so what better way to celebrate than with a cocktail? The Income Tax is a citrus-forward, flavorful drink whose key ingredients include gin, dry and sweet vermouth, freshly squeezed orange juice, and bitters. It is simple, boozy concoction to help get you through Tax Day.
- 1 1/2 oz. gin
- 3/4 oz. dry vermouth
- 3/4 oz. sweet vermouth
- 3/4 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice from 1 orange
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish: orange wheel (optional)
- Add gin, dry vermouth, sweet vermouth, orange juice, and bitters to an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange wheel and serve.