Life is what you make it–and so is Fleur of the Valley, the perfect spring cocktail. Made with American Fifth vodka, this drink blends pureed strawberries with basil and a splash of lemon juice. It may sound sweet now, but it's what you make it! For a dryer version, top it with a splash (or a few splashes) of Prosecco. Need to sweeten things up? Add some simple syrup. Either way, Fleur of the Valley is versatile, customizable and refreshing.
- 1 1/2 oz. American Fifth vodka
- 1 1/2 oz. strawberry puree
- 3/4 oz. lemon juice
- A splash of Prosecco (optional)
- A basil leaf, to garnish
- Add all ingredients to shaker and shake.
- Pour in a rocks glass filled with ice. For a sweeter version, skip the lemon juice and Prosecco and add 3/4 oz. simple syrup and a splash of soda.
- Garnish with a basil leaf and enjoy.