Fresh, minty and unlike the other cocktails we've tasted before, the Eucalyptus Martini is the definition of saying "yes" to something new. The key here is the eucalyptus syrup: It's a 1:1 simple syrup with fresh eucalyptus leaves that's easy to make. Egg whites add froth and body to the mix, and Liberator Gin contributes the punch. Get out of your comfort zone (and, you know, clear your sinuses) with this innovative recipe.
For the cocktail:
- 1 1/2 oz. Liberator Gin
- 3/4 oz. eucalyptus syrup
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3 drops egg whites
- 1 eucalyptus leaf, to garnish
For the eucalyptus syrup:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh eucalyptus
- In a glass, prepare the eucalyptus syrup by mixing the water, sugar and fresh eucalyptus. Stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the gin, eucalyptus syrup, lime juice and egg whites. Shake well so that the egg whites are frothy.
- Double strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a floating eucalyptus leaf.