Duke of EarlGin
The jury’s still out on whether Duke of Earl was a real person, but we do know this: it was a number one hit rock song in 1962, and it makes for a hell of a cocktail in 2022. The drink is named for its most forward ingredient, Earl Grey tea, while the gin takes a back seat. Like way-back-facing-out-the-rear-in-an-old-station-wagon back seat. It’s delicious, all the same, with fizz and a floral outro from the lavender.
- 1/2 Cup of cold Earl Grey tea
- 1 oz Gin
- 1/4 oz Simple syrup
- Sparkling water
- Steep Earl Grey tea and let it cool.
- Add ice to a Collins glass.
- Add Earl Grey tea, gin, and simple syrup.
- Top with sparkling water and stir.
- Garnish with lavender.