Trying new things is always important–especially when it comes to cocktails. Inspired by our guest, Lis Weston, who had never tried a Cosmopolitan, this is a classic Cosmo recipe that balances sweetness, strength and citrus flavor all in one. Locally made American Fifth vodka and Cointreau orange liqueur come together with cranberry to create the ideal slow-sipping drink to share with friends.
- 1 1/2 oz. American Fifth vodka
- 1 oz. Cointreau orange liqueur
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 oz. cranberry juice
- Orange peel, to garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice and lime juice.
- Shake for about 30 seconds, until well-chilled.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel twist. (For an extra burst of flavor, peel the orange over the filled cocktail glass.)