We're transitioning into fall with a Bourbon Sour. This cozy cocktail is mixes in maple syrup and lemon juice, and is garnished with a cherry and orange peel for extra flavor. The bourbon will warm you up while the weather cools down, and the aromatics of the lemon and orange will invite you in for more. The maple syrup is just enough to take the sharp edge off the bourbon and give each sip a sweet simple syrup undertone. With only three ingredients, you won't regret trying out this delicious drink.
- 2 oz. Old Forester Bourbon Whisky
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Orange peel and cocktail cherry, to garnish
- Shake up the whisky, lemon juice and maple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in an ice-filled glass.
- Slightly squeeze the orange peel to release its oils, the use it to garnish along with the cherries.