If you know us, you know we love a good elderflower cocktail. With Liberator Gin from Valentine Distilling Co. in Detroit (one of our favorites), St. Germain's Elderflower Liqueur, ginger ale and blood orange juice, this cocktail cultivates a fresh, citrus taste that is (somehow) simultaneously festive. Garnish with thyme and slices of blood orange, and you've got yourself tropical taste in the middle of winter.
- 1 oz. Valentine Distilling Co.'s Liberator Gin
- 3/4 oz. St. Germain's Elderflower Liqueur
- 2 1/2 oz. ginger ale
- 1 oz. blood orange juice
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- Thyme, to garnish
- Mix the gin, elderflower liqueur, lime juice and ginger ale in a serving glass. Top off with ice.
- Slowly pour in the blood orange juice and watch the colors swirl.
- Garnish with blood orange slices and thyme sprigs.
Recipe via The Little Epicurean.