Basil meets a potpourri of unconventional fruits to make up this peculiar and exciting cocktail, Basilico. A basil cocktail is fitting for our episode on the 80/20 Rule—it's a strong herb where a little goes a long way. If you're not as big of a basil fan as we are, tone down the leaves and amp up the strawberries or other liqueurs to your liking. Fruits like peach and apple, which we don't often see in mixed drinks, are a welcome surprise any time of the year.
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. peach liqueur
- 1 oz. apple liqueur
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- Lime juice
- Basil leaves
- To make the simple syrup, mix equal parts hot water and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Muddle the strawberry and basil leaves in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the remaining ingredients.
- Shake and serve in a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a strawberry.
Recipe via LAVO NY.